To properly organize the security system on your smartphone is extremely important. After all, modern gadgets to store a lot of confidential information. And it’s not just photos or videos. This credit card information, correspondence and passwords from different services. Today we will talk about how to protect your smartphone from dishonest people.
As the number of smartphones running Android is quite large, some items may vary on certain models. But the General principle is common to all phones.
Set up a Smart Lock to increase security
The Smart Lock feature allows you to make automatic screen lock off in certain situations. If you set it up you need, for example, do not have to enter a PIN, pattern or password when you are at home or the phone is in your pocket. Here’s how to activate: go to Settings of your Device and navigate to settings, lock screen. Click on the item “Smart Lock”, enter the password/PIN and enable the options you want to use.
- The first item is associated with your movement. Originally activated with a password the phone will keep your device unlocked while your body is in motion (e.g., while running or in the car). However, as soon as you stop, the phone will be locked and will require re-entering the password.
- Reliable places. In the settings of Smart Lock you can assign a certain area, such as your home or work and designate them as safe. This will allow your device to remain unlocked prior to the removal of these areas. To properly use this feature, you must enable location detection
- Trusted devices. If you use your smartphone paired with another gadget, for example, with a clock, this option is almost very comfortable. After pairing with specific devices via Bluetooth, your Android phone will remain blocked until then, until the device is connected again. To manually unlock the phone at any time.
Adding, changing or removing a location of your home
This feature of Google Maps is very handy if you want to get from an unknown area of the home to avoid traffic jams. Be entered each time the home address is not required. However, if the smartphone is lost, then the attackers will be able to know where you live. So its better to disable it.
- Open Google Maps and click on the tab “Menu” in the upper left corner. Tap the “My places”. Here you can ask your home address, or change or delete information about him.
- Under “my content” also disable this on the routes to travel by pressing the “Delete all location history”.
Recently introduced feature allows you to assign one application or process on your phone, leaving the other available. After posting, you will need to enter the password to restore access. This setting is just great for those occasions when you need to share your phone to show something interesting (the correspondence, for example), but you don’t want to this time people had access to other programs.
- To option, go to “Settings” and click “Biometrics and security”.
- Scroll down to the “other settings”. Locate the “pin apps” and enable this option.
- Now, enable the option request before undocking.
To discuss this and other news, you can in our chat in Telegram.