We present to your attention the next issue of the news program news from Apple. Today we will talk about WWDC 2018, Apple Music , and more.
1. Siri failed to meet expectations. This was stated by the Creator of the voice assistant — Norman Winarsky. According to him, the product, which was bought by Apple, could produce a real revolution, but remained in the shadow of the developments of the competitors. Originally it was planned to make Siri personal Concierge who alone learning that your flight is cancelled, would find a replacement before you pull out your smartphone from pocket. Perhaps the functionality of Siri would be more limited, but it would help to solve truly important problems.
2. Apple intends to Refine the MacBook keyboard future generations therefore, in order to protect it from dust, crumbs and water. It follows from the materials of the new patent. According to the drawings in Cupertino plan to complement the design of each key protective membrane. It is assumed that it will not allow foreign particles to get inside the mechanism and impede its work.
3. Charging station AirPower, which can be used to provide wireless charging of your iPhone, Apple Watch and AirPods, should go on sale before the end of this month. If informed of relevant information shared by analysts, this time the source was among Apple suppliers. Most likely, simultaneously with the release of AirPower in what’s the case for AirPods with support for wireless charging.
4. Apple computers topped the reliability rating with a rating of 665 and degree of “A+”, compiled by the network’s experts repair shop Rescuecom. Output about reliability was based on data on the number of cases Mac owners for repairs in comparison with computers of other brands. In second place with a rating of reliability 270 located desktops and laptops Samsung. They have been awarded the degree of reliability of “A-“.
5. As suggested earlier, the developers conference WWDC this year will be held from 4 to 8 June at the Convention center McEnery in San Jose. This information was confirmed by Apple opening the acceptance of applications for participation. The event is open to both designers and just creative people involved.
Participation in the conference, in the tradition of previous years, pay. Anyone wishing to attend the event can participate in the draw for the tickets. The application period will run until 10 am on March 22, Pacific time. As in any other lottery Apple does not guarantee winnings regardless of the time of filing.
Tickets for WWDC 2018 is no less than $ 1600, which is equivalent to 91 thousand rubles. Traditional Apple presentation will be held in the first day of the conference on 4 June.
6. Senior Apple Vice President eddy cue said that Apple Music has at its disposal for 38 million subscribers, and about 8 million people are using the service on a trial subscription. On average, each week, the service receives an increase of 400 000 new subscribers.
And it should be noted that the rate of growth in recent times are really impressive. Only 5 weeks streaming service gained 2 million followers, the fastest growth since the launch of the service in 2015.
However, the palm is still in Spotify with my 71 million subscribers, almost twice as much as Apple Music. However, Spotify has a distinct advantage – ability to listen to music for free. However, even Spotify can’t always be in the black. Jimmy Iovine, the mentor Apple Music, recently announced that music streaming services don’t “make any money”, justifying it by the fact that the standard subscription of $ 10 is totally uneconomical. However, the profits of their own streaming service, apparently not so much worried about Apple, because she has the opportunity to earn on other products and services.
7. In the short term, Apple intends to focus on the creation and promotion of original content. About eddy cue told the CNN journalist. According to him, Apple has formed a team of professionals for whom the phrase “original content” is not an empty sound.
First q boasted the recent purchase of the startup’s Texture, providing the subscribers concurrent access to hundreds of online journals at a fixed price. Probably with his help, Apple plans to monetize the service brand of “news”, which highlighted a top Manager, today is one of the few aggregators that are free from advertising.
Creating entertaining content is also part of the new strategy Apple says Kew. The company spent over two years searching for the best professionals who would be able to take the lead on a new TV show. The fact that video content is extremely important for the further development of Apple Music. Apple wants to give users a comprehensive product that would provide them access not only to music but also the original television show, which they will not be able to see anywhere else. This strategy is fully justified, says Kew, increasing the growth rate of subscribers.