Less than a week after the release of the fourth beta version of macOS 10.14.1 Apple introduced the fifth. Initially, the update will only be distributed among the users account developers, but will later be available for download to all program participants pre-testing. Download update over the air or from the appropriate section on the official website of the company.
macOS 10.14.1 is the first update to the desktop OS from Apple since the release of macOS Mojave in late September. It includes significantly less innovations than iOS 12.1, however, it is standard practice for macOS, which receives new features only a few times a year. The only significant innovation, which includes macOS 10.14.1, is to support group calls to FaceTime.
Group calls to FaceTime
Due to the fact that group calls to FaceTime will be able to simultaneously communicate between the 32 participants, inclusive of branded video service Apple has all chances to become an indispensable tool for video conferencing in many large and small corporations. Similar innovation will be available to users of iOS devices with version number 12.1.
How to install the beta of macOS 10.14.1
To install the beta version of macOS 10.14.1 for developers who need to do the following steps:
- First, it is recommended to backup all data because in case of failure, you will lose them all;
- Then upload it to the device profile of the developer. You can download it at this link;
- After downloading on the screen a dialog box appears with the request to allow the application of profile settings. Agree;
- Now in the opened window press “Install” and then “Restart”;
- After the installation of the profile can only go to the section update in the Settings app and download the current beta build of macOS 10.14.1.
To discuss this and other Apple news in our Telegram chat.