At the presentation on September 12, in addition to the new iPhone models were presented another important product — the Apple Watch Series 4. Smart watches were first seriously updated since the first release in 2015. So what’s new?
The first and perhaps the most noticeable change is the new full-length display, which now takes up to 35% more area than the Apple Watch Series 3. Of course, improvements were made and the screen resolution. Some statistics for comparison:
• Apple Watch 44 mm Series 4 — 368×448 pixels (square 977 mm2)
• Apple Watch Series 4 of 40 mm to 324×394 pixels (an area of 759 mm2)
• Apple Watch 42 mm Series 3 — 312×390 pixels (area 740 mm2)
• Apple Watch 38 mm Series 3 — 272×340 pixels (area 563 mm2)
The latest generation of smart watches are also now equipped with an advanced matrix OLED LTPO. This means that the screen will consume less energy, and in production it will be subjected to a more accurate calibration.
Apple Watch Series 4 has seriously changed externally, the watch has become thinner, and the edges become more curved. Now Apple Watch is available in the following versions: 40 and 44 mm instead of the usual 38 and 42 mm. While the straps from older models will remain compatible with the new.
As expected, Apple Watch Series 4 has an updated processor, built on the platform of S4. This dual-core 64-bit chip that delivers a performance boost of up to 50% compared to the previous generation.
Apple Watch Series 4 have learned to read the electrocardiogram of the owner. At the moment this option will work only in the U.S. but over time, it will become available worldwide.
- The smart watch is switched to 64-bit architecture.
- Improved speaker that was 50% louder. Added another microphone.
- The watch has an updated coprocessor W3, which would make the pairing more stable. Added support for Bluetooth 5.0.
- Apple Watch Series 4 has an improved gyroscope, accelerometer to track drops and a new heart rate sensor.
- Wheel Digital Crown is now adjustable with tactile response.
- All models now have the updated hours on Board 16 GB, not 8 GB as it was previously (in the base model 3 Series).
Do you update the Apple Watch? Let me know in the comments or in our Telegram chat.