Many have heard about the utility, such as Automator, but not everyone knows about its real capabilities. At first glance, the program is quite complex to learn, but understand, you can see that the control is pretty intuitive and clear. In the example of this article we will explain how to use a simple service, you can quickly convert any image in the usual JPEG format.
Often to just change the picture format, users need to use different graphic editors. Of course, it is not so convenient. Fortunately, to simplify this process Automator.
So, how to quickly change the picture format to JPEG?
- The first thing we need to run the Automator app. This can be done through Spotlight, or in any other convenient way.
- In the opened window select “New document”, specifying the section “Action folders”.
- Now we should create a special folder. For convenience let’s do it on the desktop.
- Give the folder the name “JPEG”. Here create a folder called “Ready”.
- Return to Automator and select in the drop-down list of the created folder.
- In the “Library” section select the “Photo”
- Now find the “Change image format”.
- Drag the right part of the program.
- In the section “Copy objects” should specify the path to the folder Ready, and just below the image format “JPEG”.
- Go to the menu and save the service, before giving her name.
Setup is complete. Now when you want to change the image format, you simply transfer them into a folder called “JPEG”. The finished result will appear in the subfolder “Ready”. You see, quite simple and convenient way of converting images.
To discuss this article in the comments or in our Telegram chat.