Many users do not realize what a vast possibilities provides such a powerful tool like Automator. At first glance, the program is quite complex to learn, but understand, you can see that the control is pretty intuitive and clear. Today we’ll show you how you can create a smart folder, which will automate a number of actions.
Before users can often have the following tasks: to change the scale of the image, its format, name and the like. In fact, the range of tasks can be very different. Of course, every action has to be performed manually, and it sometimes takes a lot of time. Only good news is that we can make your life easier with smart folders. Let’s look at its applicability on a real example.
- The first thing we need to run the Automator app. This can be done through Spotlight, or in any other convenient way;
- In the opened window select “New document”, specifying the section “Action folder”;
- Now we need to create two folders named “Source” and “Output”. One of them will store source files, and the second — after appropriate treatment;
- For example, set ourselves the following task: change the image format to png, change the scale to 1000 pixels and give the received snapshot name AppleInsider;
- In the “Library” section, select “Photo”;
- Now find the “Change image format”;
- In the section “Copy objects” should specify the path to the folder “Output”, and just below the image format “PNG”;
- Find “zoom” and “1000” in the string “Size”.
- Even need to add the option “to Rename the object Finder, select the Name of a single object”, and then specify the name — “AppleInsider”.
- Then go to the menu and save the service, giving it any name.
Now when you need to customize images, just move them to the folder “Source”. The finished result will appear in the subfolder “Output”. In our case we will change the format, size and name of images. Similarly you can configure other routine operations.
We offer you to subscribe to our channel in “Yandex.Zen”. There you can find the exclusive materials that are not on the website.