Google Chrome is most popular browser in the world, and that’s a fact. Users love it for its user interface, performance, and extensions that add him resemblance to a full-fledged operating system, and therefore agree to endure even the existing shortcomings. But if excessive biting of RAM most perceive as a peculiar feature of the browser and treat it very philosophically, to tolerate a black screen when you start want not all. But as it turned out, the problem is solved.
Judging by the fact that the problem of black screen complaining mostly Windows users on Mac and also on mobile platforms this is no problem. Therefore, a solution described below applies only to computers running a desktop OS from Microsoft.
Subscribe to our chat in Telegram. This is the best Russian-speaking Android-oriented community on the Internet.
First you need to try to disable hardware acceleration. This feature allows Google Chrome to use not only the CPU but also the graphics accelerator to increase the speed of data processing. But how to disable the acceleration if instead of an interface appears on the screen just a black image?
How to disable hardware acceleration in Chrome
- On the desktop locate the icon in Chrome, click right mouse button and select “Properties”;
- In the opened window go to the tab “Shortcut”;
- In the target field put a space at the end of the line and append the command “-disable-gpu” (without the quotes);
- Click “Apply” and then “OK”;
- Try to start Chrome again — the problem should disappear.
See also: New virus infects devices through browsers Chrome and Firefox
Otherwise you can try another method of restoring work the Chrome, which consists in changing settings compatibility. Sometimes it happens that the browser no longer has access to this information and does not understand what operating system it is running.
- On your desktop, click on the Chrome icon, right-click and go to “Properties”;
- Here click the Compatibility tab and enable “Run this program in compatibility mode for:”;
- In the drop-down menu, select Windows 8, even if you have Windows 10 and save the change.
Whether or not to disable extensions in Chrome
This is probably not the only ways to fix the problem of black screen in Google Chrome, however, there are guaranteed nonworking methods. While investigating this issue I found that some authors suggest to disable the extension and reset all the flags. Once it is clear that these people have never faced the problem of a black screen and have no idea how to fix it, and either try to guess or rewrite the pseudo-instruction from others, knowing that if black screen appears, access the browser settings will be gone.