The developers of Ethereum successfully activated update Constantinople. The update took place on the block 7280000. Recall hardwork planned to spend in mid-January, but was postponed due to a detected vulnerability. This time everything went smoothly. Deal with key changes in the life of the network.
The reason for the transfer hard forks in January — vulnerability in Ethereum Improvement Proposal (EIP) 1283. Its implementation would enable the hackers to get the funds users. As time to fix bugs were not, Constantinople is officially moved to February.
The Ethereum chain has successfully forked and Constantinople is activated!
— Eric Conner (@econoar) February 28, 2019
Now it is activated. The award has been declined.
Constantinople includes five suggestions for improvements, which aim to increase network speed and reduce the cost of operations.
- EIP 145 reduces the cost of modification in a smart contract 10 times;
- EIP1014 focused on further scaling Ethereum — through transactions outside the main chain;
- EIP 1052 improves smart contracts and allows them to validate each other using the hash;
- EIP 1234 reduces the reward for the block and takes the bomb of difficulty for a year;
- EIP 1283 reduces the cost of transactions and reduces the cost of gas for operations SSTORE.
Major update — EIP 1234. Delay bombs, the difficulty will return the mine unit to its normal levels. In February, Biochim increased to 20 seconds, now it will fall to 14.5 seconds.
Also decreased the remuneration of the miners. ETH instead of 3 per block, which rig owners received after hard forks Byzantium at the end of 2017, now they will get 2 coins.
The combination of the transfer of the bomb to the complexity and reducing the award practically does not affect the profits of miners. Excluding ankl-block subsidence will be equivalent to 3.9 percent. Detailed calculations and a description of the changes in production of coins is in this article.
Constantinople is another step towards Ethereum 2.0 and the long awaited transition to Proof of Stake. Next updates will be not less interesting.
Subscribe to our channel in the Telegram. Waiting Bitcoin for a million.