Allows you to Google export your data and download them in any service of their services, such as:e-mail (Gmail) Gmail, Calendar, Photos, Google, YouTube, and much more easily, thanks to the services (Google Takeout).
Think (Google Takeout) one of the services Google is known, which operates on the grouped account data Google in one place, and allows you to export a copy of the content of the account to save a backup copy, archived or used in other external services.
Allows you to Google download data Gmail in a file format MBOX, which makes you able to backup without an internet connection, or transfer all your emails to other email service, or account Gmail a new.
We will review today how to download data Gmail using Google Takeout, how to transfer this data to other email service:
First; how to download data Gmail:
- Go to the settings page for Google Takeout.
- You’ll see a very long list of all the products and services of Google you use, this includes: Android devices that you use, Chrome browser, and provide Google, YouTube, Google Drive, and much more.
- Specify this list, all automatically, but to prevent the download of data from a particular product, remove the mark from the box that appears next to this product.
- If you want to download data Gmail only; click on the option (deselect all) Deselect all at the top of the list.
- Scroll down until you reach the service Gmail, and select the corresponding box no.
- You will see that you can download the file format MBOX, and in the other services allow you to Google the pressure on this format to change it, but you can’t do that in Gmail.
- By default; will ensure all messages Gmail Your from all categories. If you want to adjust it, press the option (include all data, Mail) All Mail data included, and remove the checkmark next to the option to embed all messages in the mail.
- Choose the folders you want, then press OK.
- Scroll down the list until you reach the option (the next step) Next Step click on it.
- Here you can choose how way that you prefer to download the data file that Gmail, can this be a link to download the send to an email address, or file add to your account in Google Drive, or Dropbox, or OneDrive, or Box.
- You can also specify the file type – compressed zip, or tgz -, its size, and when you’re ready click on the option (create export) Create export.
- Google will start archiving your data and send it to you in the manner you select, this process may take some time depending on the amount of data that you download.
Secondly; how to import data to Gmail to any email service:
You can import data Gmail your to any email service that supports MBOX format and you can also use the tool to help such as: Windows MBox Viewer which allows you to access your files that support this format.
If you are using a Mac, you can import the MBOX file into Mail app Apple TV easily, all you have to do is open mail and press the option (file) and then select (Import) Import.
But if you are using the application (Outlook) of Microsoft, you’ll need to first convert the MBOX file to another format supported by the application.
If you are using an application (Thunderbird) you can import the data file that Gmail that I downloaded from Google easily, where it’s an open source application, and supports MBOX files, as it works on operating systems: Windows, Mac and Linux.