Many users do not realize what a vast possibilities provides such a powerful tool like Automator. At first glance, the program is quite complex to learn, but understand, you can see that the control is pretty intuitive and clear. Today we tell about the service, which will allow two accounts to convert any video under our required format.
Even if your activity does not imply work with multimedia, you probably once faced with the procedure of video encoding. As a rule, the reasons for this are two:
- If you want to reduce the final file size by reducing the original quality;
- If you want to be watching videos on unsupported devices — in the case that the equipment only works with a certain format.
In most cases, users resort to third party utilities to perform coding procedures. But in our case we can limit Automator.
- Run the Automator app. This can be done through Spotlight, or in any other convenient way;
- In the opened window select “New document”, specifying the section “Quick action”;
- After creation we find the right side “gets the current Process”. The drop-down list: “Files or folders”.
- Now we need to find the process “Encode media”. For this we can use search;
- Here we will be able to configure the settings for the output file to fit our needs. You can select the format of the video and choose a folder location to save.
- Maintain established service, giving it an appropriate name. You’re done!
Now when you select the file, the shortcut menu we will see a new item.
For convenience you can assign a specific key combination:
- Go to “System settings” — “Keyboard” — “shortcut keys”.
- Select menu “Services”.
- Finding our service in the settings of the assigned key combination.
Now run the conversion process as simple as possible — just select the file and use the specified key combination. After completion of the procedure (the duration depends on the parameters and the original movie), the output file can be found in a given directory.
We offer you to subscribe to our channel in “Yandex.Zen”. There you can find exclusive content, not published on the website.