If you are accustomed to performing a lot of tasks at the same time on your Mac computer, then of course you will open many applications and windows on your computer, which will lead to distraction, which negatively affects your productivity.
Here you can create a virtual desktop for the applications and programs that you frequently use to keep your work organized and increase your productivity, by allocating one desktop for social media applications, another that contains video editing software, and another desktop that contains reporting and spreadsheet creation applications.
Why should you create a virtual desktop on your Mac computer?
Virtual desktops on a Mac are a great way to keep your main desktop organized, by creating a virtual desktop so that you have another place to work, and then making it easy for you to organize the desktop on your Mac.
For example: you can create a desktop for a video editing application, one for writing, and one for using the Internet, and you can easily switch between them for quick access to any application you want, and the menu bar and other tools that appear on the screen will remain consistent, but what will only change is your invocation of programs and applications that Work on it quickly and easily.
to do this. Follow next steps:
- Press the (Command and Space) buttons on your keyboard to open the Spotlight search bar.
- In the search bar, type (Mission Control) to launch the control panel, or you can swipe up on the touchpad to launch the Mission Control panel, or press the (Control + Up) buttons on the keyboard.
- Click on the (+) icon in the top right corner to create a new virtual desktop. In addition, you can view all open applications together with screen options and virtual desktops in the top bar.
- Launch your own virtual desktop, and customize the virtual skins to your liking.
- You can now go to the virtual desktop you want.
- To move between virtual surfaces, press the (Control and Right Arrow) or (Control and Left Arrow) buttons. You can also swipe left or right with three fingers on the touchpad.
- You can also move windows from or to each virtual desktop, just drag the window you want to move to the thumbnail of the other virtual desktop in the Spaces bar at the top of the screen.