One of the key graphic innovations of the new desktop operating system from Apple is full of dark interface mode. Overall, this innovation had to appeal to most Mac users, but there are those that do not recognize the new option, instead preferring the old version of the design. If you belong to the number of dissatisfied users, then this article is for you. Today we will talk about the simple trick that will allow you to return to the usual mode of operation of the dark interface.
Recall that for the first time some semblance of the dark regime appeared in OS X Yosemite, and then everything changes in the interface were distributed solely on the Dock and the menu bar. With the release of macOS Mojave, everything changed — the design of the operating system is now changing globally, including most pre-installed and third-party (with appropriate support) applications. However, to bring back the dark interface is not difficult, and it is not necessary to install previous versions of macOS.
So, how to enable dark mode with macOS bright applications?
1. Run the application “Terminal”. You can find it via Spotlight or at the following address: “Programme” — “Utilities”.
2. In the command prompt window, enter the following command:
defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool Yes
3. We reaffirm our intention of using Enter.
4. It remains only to restart the Mac. Then in the “System preferences” activate dark interface.
How to get dark mode interface macOS Mojave?
- Before you begin, turn on the bright mode of the interface.
- Run the application “Terminal”. You can find it via Spotlight or at the following address: “Programme” — “Utilities”.
- In the command prompt window, enter the following command:
defaults write -g NSRequiresAquaSystemAppearance -bool No
- We reaffirm our intention of using Enter.
- Overload our Mac.
To discuss this article in the comments or in our Telegram chat.