Many applications when working can add your icons into the menu bar. Sometimes their display can be disabled, but often this is not possible. Built-in system also does not suggest the possibility of concealment. However, there is a solution and it is simple enough.
To hide the icons of the programs we will use the Vanilla app. You can download it for free on the official website of the developer.
- Installed Vanilla, moving the program icon in “Applications”.
- Run the installed utility.
- After that we will be able to edit our top panel at its discretion.
- Move the unwanted icons using Command key, in the area between “arrow” and “point”.
- After setting the hidden icons by clicking on “arrow”.
Looked like the top bar hide:
Therefore, you can not hide only the icons of third-party applications, but the system indicators, responsible for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, charge percentage and so on.
Although the program is free to download, some of the features are only available in the paid version. For example, one of the options such as auto-start at system startup.