Safari is a great tool for Networking, especially if you extend its capabilities with plug-ins. However, some extensions can seriously burden the system, and completely unjustified. Sometimes they can cause errors in the browser or even block the Internet connection.
Today we will learn how to disable the problem extensions. The first way is through settings:
- Run Safari.
- In the Safari menu go to “Settings”.
- Select “Extensions”. Here is the whole list of installed plugins.
- In order to disable a particular plugin, simply remove the check box “Enable”.
Before you disable the extension, we advise you to ensure no updates for it. This can be done at the bottom, in the tab “Updates”. This will be especially true if the extension is installed for a long time. There is a chance that the new update optimizes the performance of the plugin. If you remove the extension does not work through the settings:
The second method is manually:
- Close Safari if it was opened
- Launch Finder, press the key combination Command+Shift+G
- Specify in the dialog the following address: ~/Library/Safari/Extensions/
- Here we see a list of our extensions. To delete, move file to the trash