Despite the rebranding that Google has had with Android Wear, renaming it Wear OS, the platform was not too attractive for the users. As shown, if people choose a smart watch to work in tandem with the Android smartphone, most often they become the solution from Samsung. They are good all of the total performance to functionality. Another thing is that the only voice assistant, which they support by default, is Bixby. But this does not mean that it is impossible to teach Korean watch to work with Google Assistant.
See also: Google has taught the Google Assistant to read poetry. How to listen?
First we need to do a little training. Despite the apparent complexity of preliminary actions, it is actually very simple. Enough to strictly follow our instructions and not deviate from it on a step.
How to install Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch
- Launch the web browser on the computer and follow this link;
- Then click “Select a project” — “new project” and selecting any name, click “Create”;
- Now, open the shortcut menu on the left, select “API and services” and click “Enable API and services”;
- In the search box that appears on the screen, type Google Assistant, and then go to the tab Assistant Google API and click “Enable”;
- Right click on the “Create”;
- In the first drop-down menu, select Google API Assistant, second Android, and then check the box next to “user Data”;
- Now click “Choose the type of credential” and select “Customize query window of access”;
- In the “app Name” enter MyAssistant (it does not matter, can enter your name) and click Save;
- In the opened window select “Create credentials” — the “OAuth client ID”;
- In the “application Type”, select “Other types” and click “Create”;
- Now download the suggested file to your computer, rename it to secrets.json and switch to the folder Credentials in the device’s memory.
See also: How it will look updated Google Assistant for Android
The preparation is completed. Proceed to install the assistant in the memory of the smart watch.
- To do this, download the smartphone app GAssist.Net Companion;
- Download on watch app GAssist.Net;
- Give the app the necessary permissions;
- Now run GAssist on the clock and activate Google Assistant by pressing the call key.
Unfortunately, launch the Google Assistant on Galaxy Watch the voice will not work. However, in our opinion, it is still better than to use Bixby, who not only knows a lot less languages, but also has the worst conversational skills.
Subscribe to our channel at Yandex.Zen. There are exclusive materials that are not on the website.