HomePod is one of the best smart speakers on the market. This status contributes to an excellent sound, tight integration with Apple’s ecosystem, small size and great minimalistic design. However, there is one – the owners HomePod sometimes (albeit rarely) still can’t cope with. For example, one of the most common problems – noise and distortion of sound in standby mode. Today we’ll show you how to solve this problem once and for all.
If your HomePod is making clicking or crackling while playing music or in standby mode, it is possible that the identified problem is of software nature. To rectify the situation to help reset to original settings.
The first method
You should verify that the iOS device and the HomePod was connected to the same Apple ID account.
- Run the application “Home” on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the accessories and find the HomePod.
- In the “Information” how to find and choose the option “Remove accessory”.
- After a couple of minutes, this will complete the reset procedure. After that, HomePod will be possible to re-configure.
See also: iOS 13 will expand opportunities HomePod
The second method
If the smart column is not tied to any iOS device, the HomePod can be reset manually. The procedure is very simple.
- First HomePod disconnected from the power source. After a few seconds, plug again.
- Now you have to press and hold your finger on the top of the HomePod.
- Do not let go until, until the color will not change to red. Siri will alert you to the fact that now this will reset your settings.
- You must wait for three beeps, then the button can be released.
You’re done! You need to wait a couple of minutes to complete the procedure.
We offer you to subscribe to our channel in “Yandex.Zen”. There you can find the exclusive materials that are not on the website.