WhatsApp today is one of the most popular apps for messaging. But if you buy a new phone and transfer them to your WhatsApp account, your old chats are not synchronized automatically. But there may be useful information for you. Let’s figure out how to fully transfer all the WhatsApp data on your new smartphone.
The new version of WhatsApp have a feature of automatic data backup to Google Drive, making the process of transfer chat history WhatsApp between phones is very simple.
Backup with Google Drive
For this you need to enter the settings of the program (click on the three dots in the upper left corner of the screen) and go to “Settings” — “Chats” — “Backup chats”.
Here you can create a manual backup or configure automatic backup, how often your data will be synchronized with cloud storage. When WhatsApp will be installed or activated on your number on the other device, the program will prompt you to restore the chat, multimedia and data with Google Drive.
Backup and restore chat manually
If you for some reason can’t use the method with using Google Drive, you available another method of data backup.
- Open the settings menu of WhatsApp, tap “Chat”, then search for the words “Backup”.
- If your phone is on Android has a slot for memory cards, you can create a backup chats on SD card. The card you want to insert into the new smartphone and in the settings of the messenger application select recover data from SD card.
- For smartphones which have internal memory only, for example, connect your smartphone to computer via USB cable. On the PC, open the internal memory of the device, locate the folder WhatsApp / Database. Here are stored all the backups and files. They will have the form “msgstore-2013-05-29.db.crypt”.
- All copies will be sorted by creation date. Copy the most recent file on your computer and when you install WhatsApp on your new device, be careful. Do not run the app!
- Connect new device to PC via USB. go to the folder WhatsApp / Database. Copy the backup file in the WhatsApp folder.
- Now open WhatsApp on your new phone and verify your phone number. You should get a notification that backup was found. Just hit “Restore” and all your messages and files will appear on your new gadget.
Subscribe to our page in Yandex.Zen. There you will find more interesting materials.