The gate Arab news technical
You know 40 percent of all control systems and industrial energy companies that believe in protecting their systems on Kaspersky Lab solutions to attacks by malicious software at least once during the last six months of 2017, followed closely by 35.3 percent engineering companies and systems integrators industrial control, among the most prominent findings reported by the latest report from Kaspersky Lab entitled “scene of threats to systems and industrial automation in the second half of 2017”, and Which found that the number of attacks on these sectors are significantly higher than those mounted on the other sectors that experienced targeted attacks between 26 and 30 percent in the medium of computers within control systems and industrial operating companies, the vast majority of attacks detected attempts to attack the occasional.
Continues to cyber-security in industrial facilities is a problem that can lead to very serious consequences for industrial processes, as well as caused by material losses, and he managed Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Lab ICS CERT, during its analysis of the threat landscape in different sectors, to record the occurrence of cyber-attacks in almost all sectors targeting computer control systems for industrial.
But the records showed that the two sectors of those sectors may be attacked more than the other, the two power companies increased by 38.7 percent and engineering firms and systems integrators industrial control by 35.3 percent.
The sector which showed the largest growth in the numbers of computers, systems and industrial control that was attacked during the second half of 2017, compared with the first half of the year was the construction sector at a rate of 31.1 percent, were ranged the proportion of devices that were attacked in other sectors on the study, which included manufacturing, transportation, utilities, food, health care, etc., between 26 and 30 percent on average.
Experts pointed out that the energy sector was one of the first sectors that began on a large scale in the use of various automation solutions, even now one of the most advanced in the dialogue, and incidents of e-security attacks over the past two years, coupled with regulatory initiatives, the case describes the power to purchase energy and power and the importance of starting to build products electronic security procedures to protect systems and operational techniques.
Moreover, the networks of modern energy is one of the most systems things industrial interrelated spacious, featuring a large number of computers connected to the network with being at high risk for cyber bullying, according to the shown statistics of the Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab.
In contrast, a high proportion of devices related to control systems for industrial companies in the engineering and integration of systems of industrial control, which was attacked, another serious problem due to the fact resort to the use of vectors attacks to supply chains in some devastating attacks in the last few years.
It can indicate the high percentage of relatively for computers in systems of industrial control which was attacked in the construction sector, compared with the first half of 2017, to lack these companies expertise sufficient to pay its attention to the protection of industrial computers, has be systems, computerized automation have relatively new, the culture of industrial security e-under growth and development in these companies.
It has been found that a lower proportion of attacks on control systems and industrial it in the specialized companies to develop software systems for industrial control, this means that the research and development laboratories, and test and demo environments, training affiliate, also related to malware attacks, although not at the same pace to which their counterparts in the industrial companies.
Includes the Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab to the importance of the follow products control systems industrial the highest standards of cyber security in their products, given that the consequences of the spread of an attack across the partners and customers of one product systems and industrial control may be severe impacts on the system, as was the case during the attack is clear that the newly signed software exPetr, for example.
Researchers discovered in the Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab, among the new trends in the year 2017, a rise in the attacks of the mining and targeting systems and industrial control, a trend that started growing in September in line with the growth in the market of digital currencies and those who stand behind the attacks of mining in general, but could constitute this type of attacks, in the case of industrial companies, a greater threat by taking a big load on the computers, leading as a result to a negative impact on the operation of the components in the control systems of industrial companies have threatened its stability, Has attacked the programming of mining digital currencies, during the period from February 2017 to January 2018, accounting for 3.3 percent of computers, industrial automation systems, it was accidentally in most cases.
Highlights include other points in the report include the following:
- Blocked Kaspersky Lab products adapters incidence in 37.8 percent of the computers systems, industrial control which was attacked and this products, this includes a decrease of 1.4 percentage points from the second half of the year 2016.
- Still the internet is the main source of infection by 22.7 percent of computers systems and industrial control, with an increase of 2.3 percent from what it was in the first six months of 2017, the percentage of attacks across the Web has been stopped in Europe and North America are much lower than any other region.
- Remained the top five countries vulnerable to attacks on control systems industrial in percentage terms remained unchanged since the first half of 2017, in order: Vietnam 69.6 percent, Algeria, 66.2 percent in Morocco, 60.4 percent, Indonesia and 60.1 percent and China 59.5 percent.
- In the second half of 2017, the number of amendments to various malware discovered by Kaspersky Lab solutions installed on the systems of industrial automation of the 18 thousand adjustment to more than 18.9 thousand adjustment.
- In the year 2017, 10.8 percent of all systems industrial control attacks “bot net” Botnet, a malicious software to infect the hardware secretly and put it in the web robot of the Botnet to be used in the implementation of orders from a distance, was the most prominent sources of these attacks, the internet and portable storage and emails.
- In 2017, identified Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab 63 a loophole in the systems of the Internet of things the industrial Internet of things, and repairing 26 of them by the producers.
Revealed even gusarov, Chairman of the Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab, that the results of the research study conducted on computers, systems and industrial control in various sectors “have formed a surprise to us,” he said, “for example, showed a high percentage of computers that were attacked in energy companies, electricity companies ‘ efforts to ensure e-security in automation systems have not been adequate, particularly after the occurrence of some dangerous incidents in this sector, and gaps remain that can be exploited by cybercriminals”.
He added: “overall, in comparison with the year 2016, we have seen a slight decrease in the number of attacks that targeted the systems of industrial control, this likely indicates that the companies started to generally pay more attention to cyber security issues in their industry, with attention to check the parts of the industrial network, training of staff, etc., we see this as a good indicator, because companies should take proactive measures to prevent disasters in the future.”
Provides Emergency Response Team electronic systems for industrial control have Kaspersky Lab procedures the following technical:
- War regularly update operating systems and software applications and security solutions working on systems that are part of networks of industrial companies.
- Restrict the movement of data in the network on the ports and protocols used on routers and terminal, within the operational processes.
- Audit in access to components, control systems industrial networking, industrial companies, and audit in its borders.
- The implementation of specialized solutions protect endpoints on servers and workstations user interfaces in control systems, industrial, to secure the industrial infrastructure and operational technology from cyber-attacks random.
- Implementation of monitoring solutions analyze and explore the data traffic in the network in order to enhance the level of protection from targeted attacks.
Kaspersky: energy networks industrial and control systems in industrial companies on top of the objectives of cyber attacks