Says Kaspersky that phishing attacks targeting Apple devices has reached 1.6 million attack in six months, an increase of 9%.
The proportion of phishing attacks
Said was famous security company, and Kaspersky, is that the number of phishing attacks directed to users of Apple devices, both computers Mac, devices running iOS, and government services available to environments running devices of the company, to 1.6 billion attack in the first half of 2019, and an increase of 9% compared to the number of similar attacks during the year 2018 a whole.
Where are those numbers one of the results cited in the report, security company Kaspersky on “threats to Mac users” through 2019.
The report of the campaign that in spite of the limited number of malware targeting Apple devices compared with those that threaten the users of the operating devices to the operating systems “Windows” and”Android”, but it looks different in terms of attack rating, which don’t discriminate between operating systems.
Because phishing attacks do not rely mostly on the specific software, being based entirely on the methods of the service that you are human features.
The report says that the number of cases that interface where users page the fake identity of mark of the Apple brand rose significantly during the first half of the year, to 1.6 million cases. This figure includes an increase of 9% compared to the similar cases that mothballed solutions Kaspersky Security year 2018, which is the number of time towards the 1.49 million attempt to increase the pages of fakes on the form of sites belonging to the brand Apple.
The study was built on the statistics of the special security threats received voluntarily from users of the network Kaspersky Security Kaspersky Security Network.
Use the same tricks to maneuver
It uses trolls and gimmick products are trying to convince the user that his computer is under the threat of a security risk can be resolved simply after a few clicks on the different links without a little amount of money. Where was the most common fraud is taken one-like interface of the cloud service iCloud, in an attempt of those who made it to steal credentials for access to the account. Usually these Links by e-mail in the form of letters claiming to be from technical support teams aim to freeze the user’s account in the event you follow the attached link.
And Tatiana will support our researcher, security in Kaspersky to phishing attempts involve a much bigger threat for users of Apple devices compared to others such as users of the “windows” or “Android”, although it is not a new attempt, as I mentioned. The expert security that it to the feeling of Apple users because of the prevalent belief the fact that the work environment of these devices are “more secure” than others, what leads to help some in the prospect of facing pages of a fake while surfing the internet.
I have talked to about this point by saying: “may lead to the theft of data iCloud accounts to serious consequences, such as lock the device “iPhone” or “iPad” or erase its contents remotely, so we urge users of Apple devices to be cautious of any incoming messages claiming to be from technical support team what the, student access to certain data, or convert the receiver to the external links”.
Was Kaspersky’s report has revealed several other forms of threat to users and their data at risk, which can be overcome by following some steps.
Other findings contained in the report:
- The total number of phishing attacks in the first half of 2019, which host the devices “Mac” protected by Kaspersky, the 6 million attacks.
- Saw the year 2018 the entire 7.3 million cases only.
- Try a ratio of 39.95% of these attacks to steal users ‘ data, Financial, an increase of 10% compared to the first half of the year 2018.
- Have seen some areas for phishing attacks directed to users of “Mac” more than others. In Saudi Arabia, you know, 20.8% of the users attacks, followed by Kuwait by 18.3% of the users, then the United Arab Emirates increased by 15.6%.
- It was more malware activity for Mac versions of family Shlayer, which addresses the form of updates for Adobe Flash Player.
In recommends Kaspersky users by following the following steps to secure their devices:
- Always keep the updated Mac operating system and all software on the device.
- Use of software the official tee from the pages of the developers directly or via the App Store App Store only.
- Direct using a security solution approved allows protection for “Mac” on the computers and mobile devices from Apple, such as Kaspersky Internet Security.
Can review the complete report via the link Securelist.