App iBooks got to the desktop operating system from Apple only with the release of OS X Mavericks. Without a doubt, this is a great tool for reading. But today we go a little beyond and tell you how to find all the downloaded books in the Finder.
How to find downloaded books and documents in your iBooks library?
To do this is not difficult.
- Launch “Finder”. Use the key combination Shift + Command + G
- In the window that appears, enter the following address:
We will see a new window with folders. What is stored in them?
- The folder “Books” — this is where you keep all your books, PDFs, and documents. Files are stored in the same format in which they were added.
- Downloads folder — all of the downloadable files are in the same place as long as not exposed directly to the library.
- The folder is “Temporary” — as the name implies, here you can find some temporary files.
- The Updates folder — there are stored a new version of iBooks, until the time of installation.
If you need to remove all files from iBooks, it is not necessary to do it through Finder. This can cause some problems with iCloud syncing. This method is suitable only to download the source file from the library.