We present to your attention the next issue of the news program news from Apple. Today we will talk about the new iPhone made entirely of glass, the purchase of an iPhone by subscription in Russia, and more.
1. Apple released the iOS update No. 11.3.1 with bug fix preventing unauthorized displays installed on the iPhone out of certified service shops. Update has an ID 15E302 and is now available for download for the owners of all compatible devices.
2. Spotify has announced a major change in the course of the event in new York. First of all, the upgrade is aimed at users who use the service for free. They will have access to 15 playlists, which will be unique for each user because they are based on personal music preferences. And listening to music in the app now consumes 75% less traffic. Of course, we are still waiting and updated the design of the application on all supported platforms.
3. Russian Resellers are planning to launch a subscription program for your iPhone, which participants will be able to change to a new smartphone every year.
The program consists in making the installments for a period of 18 months, while a year later it closes, the store prepares new installments on a new iPhone, buying the old device. Essentially it allows you not to pay immediately the full amount for the smartphone, and to make his monthly payments. The buyer does not bear any material risks — just signed myself to participate in the program (leave it, only paying off the residual debt in 6 months installments).
The first program has launched a reseller of iPort, but in the future it is planned to join “Svyaznoy”, “M. Video” and other authorized Apple stores in Russia. It is reported that the use of the subscription on the iPhone until September 1. The program partner was the American company Belmont.
4. In March the share of the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus in the United States reached 44% of the total iPhone sales, of which 23% belong to the youngest model, and 21% older. The share of the iPhone X when it accounted for only 16% of the market. It follows from the research conducted by analysts of consulting company Consumer Intelligence Research Partners.
Despite the obvious superiority of Apple over other manufacturers in terms of revenue, analysts CIRP sure that in quantitative terms, the iPhone is far from a record. So, as at April the proportion of the three models 2017 model year is still less than the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus, the company informed.
Tim cook does not agree with these analysts. In February, the top Manager noted that iPhone X was the best selling iPhone every week since its launch in early November. If this is true, it is somewhat strange that the average retail price for the iPhone fell from 766 to 746 dollars — and that’s in the background, according to cook, the popularity of the iPhone X.
The only possible reason for this situation is enduring demand for the iPhone 6 and SE, which are still present on the market and are popular.
5. Apple is considering the release of the iPhone in the case, completely made of glass. This confirms the registration document, discovered in the database of the European patent office. The project envisages the creation of a kind of glass pocket within which the manufacturer intends to place all hardware stuffing smartphone with glue.
In contrast to the models of the current generation, where the carrier function is performed by metal frame, the frame of the new design will be entirely of glass, requiring the producer of a number of actions for its strengthening. Otherwise, any fall may lead to complete device failure.
A patent is valid not only on iPhone but also on watches and even computers. Apple leaves itself room for maneuver, stressing that some of the construction elements can be made of flexible glass.