We present to your attention the next issue of the news program news from Apple. Today we will talk about WWDC 2018, HomePod and more!
1. A group of independent developers of applications for iOS and macOS has published an open letter to Apple. In their appeal they argued for the introduction of trial versions in the app store App Store and Mac App Store.
2. Prices on iPhone SE in Russia fell by almost 40 % with the receipt of the smartphone on the market. This is evidenced by data “Yandex.Market”, available to AppleInsider.ru. So, the cost of the smartphone in the lower configuration with 16 GB of memory has dropped below 17 000 rubles, while the top version with 128 GB of storage for the first time fell to 24 000 rubles.
3. Apple sent out invitations for media event which will take place in the framework of the conference WWDC 2018. The event will be held in the period 4 to 10 June in the conference McEnery center in San Jose, California.
It is believed that during the presentation, Apple will unveil updates to proprietary operating systems: iOS 12, macOS 10.14, watchOS 5 and tvOS 12. Despite the promised “cultural shift”, which, according to Craig Federighi, lacked software products, the announcement of updates is always a momentous event for the entire industry.
Besides software, the expected release of a number of hardware solutions. To those, in particular, include MacBook Air with Retina display and iPhone SE the second generation. The latest product of the company has already received the approval of the Eurasian economic Commission and could be on sale, including in Russia, the day of the presentation.
Traditionally AppleInsider.ru will conduct a text broadcast of the presentation. To follow her you can at live.appleinsider.ru.
4. The vast majority of consumers not willing to pay for HomePod more than $ 200. This poll conducted among the readers of the publication 9To5Mac. According to the lion’s share of respondents, the current price tag on the smart speaker by Apple is seriously overpriced and needs to be adjusted.
More than half of respondents (55%) agreed that Apple should sell HomePod at the price from 100 to 199 dollars. This price, are sure the participants of the survey most closely matches the features offered by the product manufacturer and not so much hits the pocket of the end user.
22% of respondents noticed that are ready to give up the musical component HomePod, if he was worth no more than $ 100. In support of its position, respondents gave the example of Google, which offers several columns of price tag from $ 49, giving the consumer a choice.
The opinion of the remaining respondents differed quite dramatically. Almost 7.5% said they are satisfied with the current pricing, 6% noticed that are not willing to pay even $ 50 for a device of this type.
5. iPhone SE the second generation, whose release is expected within the next few weeks, may be even more compact than the original model. This writes Forbes, citing accessory Olixar published renderings of the future smartphone. Despite increased to five inch display, Apple would reduce the size of a smartphone for more convenient use with one hand.
Judging by the drawing, the height of the iPhone 2 will be equal to SE of 120.4 mm, and its width 55,82 against 123,8 mm and 58.6 mm for the original model respectively. Such a minor change in the dimensions of the casing will allow Apple to achieve the aspect ratio of the display, adopted in iPhone X, and occupy almost the entire front panel. To refuse a recess in the top, obviously, the manufacturer has failed.
It would seem that the information provided Olixar, should be taken with a pinch of salt. However, this manufacturer managed to establish itself as a supplier of the most reliable information about the looks of the flagship smartphone. Over the past two years Olixar confirmed the design of the iPhone X, iPhone 7, Galaxy Note 7, Note 8, and S9. It seems that source with such a track record you can trust.