While Volvo is developing a “killer” Tesla, and Boeing almost did your drone fighter, humanoid robot Boston Dynamics has a competitor! Let’s see, at the same time, other news this week run.
1. Atlas robot from Boston Dynamics already in 2017 could do somersaults, and perform other elements of parkour. Now he had a competitor who in the future will learn to do the same — it’s a robot Digit created by a startup from Oregon state University. Yes, another hater “leather Fuckers”.
He also has two legs and a pair of arms that can lift weights up to 18 kg and even catching falling objects. Unlike robots Boston Dynamics, the novelty has a more futuristic design. He is already credited with a great future in the field of parcel delivery.
Digit built on the platform shown in the video the robot Cassie. However, it is more perfect, due to the presence of the torso, arms and a variety of sensors, allowing him to better navigate in space. Price information will be revealed in mid-2019, while deliveries will commence in the first quarter of 2020. I wonder if his kick, he will get up himself?
2. The Swedish company Volvo presented the long-awaited fully electric car Polestar 2, details of which began to unfold for a long time. Judging by the performance and cost is the most credible competitor of the electric car Tesla Model 3, to overcome which could neither Chevrolet Bolt EV or Nissan Leaf.
The car is based on the platform of the crossover SUV Volvo XC40. However, the company refused from the salon genuine leather, and sheathed it with artificial materials.
In the middle of the saloon is a huge display with a diagonal of 11 inches. It displays the Android operating system, equipped with a voice assistant Google Assistant to perform voice commands. From Google Play you can download third-party applications, for example, services for listening to music. Your smartphone can serve as a car key.
As for dispersal to “hundred” for about 5 seconds and the battery will last for 443 kilometers drive without recharging. That is a lot, given that Tesla max “walks” on a single charge 400 to 500 kilometers.
3. From Boeing’s many promising projects, and one of them is a platform to create stand-alone fighters. Being designed to support manned aircraft, this fighter will be ready for my first flight in 2020.
It is known that the autonomy provided by artificial intelligence, which can be programmed to perform all missions. Intelligent system will also be useful to save the distance between it and other aircraft. As there’s no pilot, it can fly much longer — more than 3,700 kilometers.
Representatives of Boeing did not disclose how much it has cost to develop new products. However, they shared that the unmanned fighter is much cheaper than manned counterparts.
Curiously, this fighter will be able to share the road with a rocket Falcon?
4. Meanwhile, Russian scientists close to creating artificial bones! A breakthrough in the case was made by researchers from southern Ural state University — they found out how the proteins and amino acids can connect with “inanimate” matter.
Nanoparticles were treated with amino acids and examined under the microscope and x-ray. It turned out that negatively charged acids are concatenated with “inanimate” matter is much weaker than the core. Of great importance were the amino group from one nitrogen atom and two hydrogen atoms. More details about the adhesion will be revealed later.
Ideally, scientists want to create content, which in structure resemble the structure of the beaks, shells and spikes some animals. For the most part they consist of inorganic materials, sewn with each other in proteins and other compounds. Research should shed light on why these “lifeless” body is not rejected by the immune system. Now that’s exactly like a scene from “Terminator”!
5. Look at the sky on the Ground this year may fall of the old Soviet probe to study Venus. We are talking about the whole faulty Soviet space probe “Kosmos-482” weighing almost 500 pounds. However, he has a very powerful thermal protection, so the unit can fully and burn when entering the atmosphere.
According to experts, the machine, which is now in orbit with an apogee of 1700 km and a perigee of 200 km, can enter the dense layers of the atmosphere or at the end of this year or early next. Should I be concerned? It is difficult to say. Although the likelihood of danger seems unlikely. Even large objects of space debris, for example, the Chinese orbiting space station that fell to Earth last year, ended his days in the ocean – in the end it is water that occupies the largest surface area of our planet.
So exhale, Bruce Willis to launch into space and blow up the probe is not necessary.
These are the main news from the world of high technology for the week. What do you think, will drop a probe to the Earth? Lee said Tesla on the Volvo? Write about it in our Telegram chat.