The gate Arab News Technical The Gate Arab News Technical
Feel people guilty about time spent on the internet in front of their children who do not hesitate to reprimand them, according to a recent research conducted by the company Norton Norton of Symantec Symantec, has revealed the study that more than 3 out of four participants in the questionnaire in the UAE (78%) perceive that the parents provide a bad example to their children by spending a long time online, and more than half (53%) They were exposed to the history of their children because of their behavior, what refers to the difficulty families today in a set period of healthy use of screens in the world of synchronous communication.
Participated in the questionnaire Norton, who carried the title “report of the first two” Read 7 thousands of people in Europe and the Middle East who have children between the ages of five and sixteen, and to the challenges faced by the first generation of the people of the children of the “digital age”, the children are unlike their parents they didn’t know Days world free from smart phones and tablets, and the parents therefore a new dilemma as wondering about the appropriate age to start exposing their children to the company of or having a special organ for them, and monitor their personal habits and their potential impact on their children.
Nicholas Shaw Nicholas Shaw, vice president and general manager of Norton Europe, Middle East and Africa: “modern Turkish is not easy. Still parents are facing the usual challenges as their children to eat vegetables and go to sleep early and accomplish doing homework, but add to it the technological challenge new parents face. Understand unlike their children, I did grow up most of them and they turn their communication devices from cell phones and tablets, what makes the determination of rules relating to the timing of the use of the devices and its hard on them.”
Also found search Norton that children in the UAE are interested in the use of mobile phones more than candy and sweets, they spend more time in front of your mobile screen than they do when you play outside, and more than a quarter of parents said that the spend on the Internet longer than do their parents, because children spend in the UAE daily two and a half hours of their free time using mobile phones, more hours which have been spent in playing outside.
Topped the UK figures due to the issue of children of the British most of their time in front of a screen of the mobile device, a rate of approximately three hours per day, and children in the UAE to fifth place at the rate of 25 minutes less than children the United Kingdom, shows that the Hispanic kids spend less time in the use of mobile phones in the Europe, Middle East and Africa at a rate of less than 30 minutes from the other children.
Parents confused about their children’s use of mobile phones
Sees more than half of parents in the UAE believe that mobile technology can enhance a child’s ability to solve problems learning skills (62%), which is from the top of the women, saw three quarters of parents (72%) that the attention of children with their animated teaches them responsibility, and relieves the parents of would be to use the devices has a negative impact, he said more than half of the population in the UAE (52%) the time spent in front of the screen of the mobile phone affects the quality of sleep of the child.
As cross-parents in Europe, Middle East and Africa expressed their concern of the negative impact of the devices on the energy levels (42%) and social skills (40%) and mental health (37%), and growing these fears with possession of children to their own devices at a young age, he showed a search Norton that the parent gives in to the insistence of their children, as children in the UAE with their first six overall, less three years, which sees the family he’s the right age to own a device.
It is considered the difference in the Emirates of the largest in the Europe, Middle East and Africa, where children in the other markets receiving the device first before just one year from the time you see the parents fit to own their child’s device.
And most people apply the rules of time-related use of phones but they believe that they feel responsible that they do not give their children a good example to follow, he said one in two parents (56%) in Europe, Middle East and Africa, he spends a lot of time on the Internet includes more than half (57%) in the UAE guilty about the time spent browsing the internet, which is the third highest rate in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Admitted more than half of the population in the UAE (53%) feel they have been subjected to the cooking of their children due to spending a long time on the internet or use it at inappropriate times, such as over 66% of them expressed their concern about providing a bad example to their children.
Added Nicholas Shaw said: “it is clear that parents see the benefit of mobile devices for their children but they also want to apply healthy habits to use due to the impact of smartphones and tablets on the quality of children’s sleep and mental health. We should all wait for the time that we spend online and to avoid over-exposure to the sun so that it keeps the parents a good example of the needs of his children.”
He said, “shows that 69% of parents in the UAE to determine the Times or days may not be through the use of technology in the region, which is the second highest figure in the markets of Europe, Middle East and Africa, so that avoids all use of their devices and allows them to re-consider their belief”.
Change the translation rules in the digital world
Parents discover a state of confusion in the digital world, where indicated nearly half of those surveyed (48%) indicated that they want to put limits on the use of phones and greater control over the devices connected to the internet, but they don’t know how they can do that, at the time that he wants two-thirds (64%) get more tips and support to help them protect their children online.
At the same time, one out of every ten parents don’t put any rules for the use of their devices connected to the internet, where they have indicated that their children enjoyed the experience, great technique to make them talk, they established rules for use, and what’s interesting is that the report also explained that the degree of restrictions to flourish among younger parents (75%) and fathers of younger children (74%).
Scored these groups have higher levels of control with their children compared to parents of older (59%), and those who have older children (53%), despite the challenges, the parents in the UAE are more eager to manage the use of devices for their children, but many of them feel confused about how to do this.
Approximately three out of four parents in the UAE (71%) that they want to impose restrictions & parental controls on the devices connected to the internet, the highest number across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, but they don’t know how they can do that, while he wants %82 further tips and support to help them in protecting their children online, which is also the highest proportion across Europe, Middle East and Africa.
And more than half of the parents in the Europe, Middle East and Africa (59%) for their children to communicate on their own via the internet in their bedroom, says more than a third of parents (35%) that this is true, even for children between the ages of five to seven, and for parents and mothers in the United Arab Emirates, that number is much lower, where allowed %45 just for their children to connect to the internet in their bedrooms.
Revealed “report of the first two” that parents yearn for guidance about how to force health procedures for the use of devices, here are some practical tips to help parents manage the use of hardware better:
1. Create rules and guidelines at home: these can include things setting limits for use of the devices, the type of content that is called the child via the internet or the appropriate language to use online, and you must choose these rules based on the age and maturity of the child and understand the risks they may face online.
2. Encourage your kids to connect to the internet in public places: it is related to achieving balance, so that no children feel that you are watching them constantly, there is no need for them to hide when they want to use the internet, it helps to check in terms of what they are doing on the internet, they will find that there is nothing wrong with that recourse to you in case they feel confused or fear or anxiety.
3. Encourage open and continuous dialogue with your children and maintainorder: it is about using the internet, and their experiences during it, including their attempts to navigate through the internet.
4. Encouraged children to think before clicking: whether they are looking for video sites online, or receive a link to the unknown in the e-mail or even browsing the web, remind your child not to click on links, I may lead them to dangerous or inappropriate site, and clicking on links is a well-known common way to become infected with viruses or the leaking of private information and value about themselves.
5. Look for harmful content: from websites to apps and games and online communities, where children can have access to a lot of content which can affect them positively Asia, it can help to use the security tools family smart tools Web Security Parental, in addition to the security settings built into your internet browsers, in maintaining the security of the whole family.
6. Discussed with them the seriousness of the problems of the data: especially the video clips and personal photos on social media platforms.
7. We were like the top: always requires the children to their parents ‘ behavior and say, so you must be the example.
8. The use of security solutions powerful and reliable: such as Norton Security to help keep your children and your devices safe from malicious websites, viruses, phishing attempts and other online threats designed to steal personal and financial information.
The gate Arab News Technical Norton: UAE children have with their first seven.
If you are watching what you read now, be aware that this content a user is illegally in this location, and the original position of the gate Arab News Technical