It’s finally happened. Nvidia introduced video cards of new generation. The announcement was very interesting and at some points unusual.
To begin, I will give you specifications, and then try to tell the rest.
Anyone interested can compare with my assumptions here. In General, now let’s go further.
- New items were very expensive. GeForce RTX 2080 Ti starts at $ 1,000, and reference option Founders Edition costs 1,200 bucks. GeForce RTX 2080 costs 700 and $ 800, and GeForce RTX 2070 — 500 and 600 dollars. Here you need to understand that the price for reference Founders Edition is fixed and the price which is less — recommended minimum for partners.
- Prices are higher than it was in previous maps at the start. Remind GTX 1080 started with $ 600 and the GTX 1080 Ti — $ 700.
- Higher prices are bad for the fact that the next generation will cost the same or even more. Reduce costs, no one will.
- The announcement of RTX 2080 Ti right along with RTX 2080 looks a bit strange, given the lack of competition, not only now but in the next year or two. I think it is Nvidia full advantage of the situation and cut the dough. Earlier because it was. Left myself a GTX 1080 for 600 bucks, and six months later or so came the GTX 1080 Ti is only $ 100 more expensive GTX 1080 and she fell. Now this will not be a “Tishka” is just Grand.
- The output of new products scheduled for September 20.
- Yes, we now have a GeForce RTX. The letters GTX has either gone completely, or will be used in low cards, is unclear.
- Generation called Turing. Waiting for the first reviews to ensure that architectural is Volta.
- Nvidia claims that the power of the novelties will be enough for 4K with HDR.
- The concept of SLI was returned and transformed. Now here is the NVLink interface with bandwidth up to 100 GB/s and the ability to connect up to four cards! However, the bridge is 80 bucks.
- There is even support for USB Type-C and VirtualLink. The latter will allow you to plug a future headset VR and AR one cable.
- Printed circuit Board from the older model has a power system with 13 phases. I think 2080 is the same as the RTX, but RTX 2070 is less about her but no data.
- There are DisplayPort 1.4 a to output 8K. Have already bought the appropriate television?)
- Note the reference cooler. Goodbye, turbine!
- Nvidia’s press release indicates the presence of these cards the tensor kernels (needed for acceleration of machine learning) and some RT kernels for ray tracing, but does not specify neither the number of these nuclei or other details. If a tensor can be viewed on the recent Quadro RTX, RT kernel while dark horses.
- Even Nvidia States that the card is able to work with ray tracing in games in real time. We already know that Metro Exodus, Battlefield V and a lot of other future games will support Ray Tracing. However, all this is very conditional. In most cases you don’t even pay attention to the effects that will be created by this method. To large-scale implementation of tracing in games is still far. But it’s a start.
- Nvidia does not indicate performance in TFLOPS (like the new Quadro RTX). But there are two other parameters: the performance of Ray Tracing and total parameter RTX-OPS. For a second just forget about him he’s useless, and the first indicators are: 10 GigaRays/sec for RTX 2080 Ti, 8 GigaRays/sec for RTX 2080 and 6 GigaRays/sec for RTX 2070.
- Already known and rates for Ukraine and Russia. RTX 2080 Ti will cost 40 000 UAH or 95 600 rubles, RTX 2080 will cost 27 000 or 64 000 rubles, and RTX 2070 — UAH 20 000 or 48 000. But now, with rates of both currencies is not very good, so keep that in mind.
In General, that’s all. The new maps are really interesting, because for a very long time, they were brand new units. However, Nvidia says a very modest performance boost. Of course, it is better to wait for the tests, but do not want to believe 18%.
As you new? Already save up the money?