Apple introduced the fifth beta of iOS 12.1 for developers. This is the first iOS update 12, related to updates of the second order, which brings the operating system with new features. Typically, these updates are released, after one or two months after the release of a new iteration and, in addition to increasing functionality compatible devices, increase their stability and eliminate the existing bugs and flaws.
iOS 12.1 includes at least six innovations to be noticed by the owners of compatible devices.
New iOS 12.1
- Support eSIM for iPhone XS and XS Max.
- Group calls to FaceTime;
- Manual adjustment of bokeh;
- Emoji synchronization via iCloud;
- Face detection in horizontal orientation for the iPad;
- More than 70 new Emoji.
Additionally, iOS 12.1 solves the problem of preventing charging select models of iPhone when display is off and also ensures stable operation of the iPhone XS and XS Max LTE and Wi-Fi at 5 GHz. The last defect is observed in many instances iPhone XS and XS Max since the release of, letting comfortable working with the Internet. It is also expected to eliminate the failure causing hangs in some iPhone models when interacting with the Phone app.
How to install beta iOS 12.1
To install the beta iOS version 12.1 on your device, you must do the following steps:
- First, it is recommended to backup all data because in case of failure, you will lose them all;
- Then upload it to the device profile of the developer. You can download it at this link;
- After downloading on the screen a dialog box appears with the request to allow the application of profile settings. Agree;
- Now in the opened window press “Install” and then “Restart”;
- After the installation of the profile can only go to the section update in the Settings app and download the current beta build of iOS 12.1.
To discuss this and other Apple news in our Telegram chat.