According to insider reports, Sony is developing two new tablet, which can be presented this year.
The latest tablet released by Sony is the Xperia Z4 Tablet, presented in 2015. Since then, the fashion for tablets gradually gone, and the Japanese company never produced such devices.
However, in code one of the latest versions of proprietary applications, the Sony Camera was found mention of the two tablet models equipped with 8-inch and 10.1-inch displays:
- Cam_core_eye_position_tutorial_port_ Tablet_8inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_eye_position_tutorial_port_ Tablet_10inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_eye_position_tutorial_ Tablet_8inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_eye_position_tutorial_ Tablet_10inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_fast_switch_tutorial_port_ Tablet_8inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_fast_switch_tutorial_port_ Tablet_10inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_fast_switch_tutorial_tablet_ 8Inch_icn.Png
- Cam_core_fast_switch_tutorial_tablet_ 10Inch_icn.Png
This may indicate that Sony is preparing to replenish the line of Xperia devices XZ2 and even two tablets, which should please the users, because the last model was pretty high quality products. It is expected that the novelty will be presented in the summer of 2018, along with the flagship Xperia XZ2 Pro.