Certainly there are situations when you need to answer the e-mail message, but this is not possible: for example, you’re on vacation or simply not at hand means of communication. However, this problem can be easily solved, if in advance to prepare a response using the Mail app.
Of course, the program will not be able to respond to the contents of the letter, but to do auto answer kind of “I’m not there, I will answer later” is quite real. Let’s get set up:
- Launch the Mail app.
- Select “Settings”, there will be a subsection “Filters”.
- Add a new filter, before inventing a name for it.
- Configurable parameters for each of the conditions. In the If section, select “Every message”.
- In the category of “do the following” assignable parameter “Reply”.
- It remains to assign the text of the automatic reply. Select “Reply message text…”.
Setup is complete. Now when you receive any incoming letters will be sent return email with your text. In order to make sure that everything works as it should, as a test, send yourself a letter.
Of course, this power of the autoresponder is not the end. Using conditions, you can easily customize the tool for themselves. For example, to respond only to specific recipients with the content and specific dates.