Initially when you install the original firmware, the user cannot edit important system files, and that’s what makes iOS so secure. However, because of this loss of the ability to fully customize the device. To make the system open allows jailbreak. What are its advantages?
1) Full file system access. You can use Cydia.
Cydia app for iOS, allows you to install applications (tweaks) for jailbroken iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad. Thanks twicam you can change the iOS interface, as well as to greatly expand the functionality of the device.
2) the Ability to install any apps absolutely for free.
Recently Jailbreak lost a lot of followers, largely due to the fact that Apple rolls out the most successful solution from Cydia the latest version of iOS. A large role is also played by the complexity of the development and maintenance of key developers. However, to put the jailbreak is still possible, if the following conditions are met:
You have iPhone 5, iPad 4 on iOS 10.0–10.3.3. In this case, you will approach a tool like H3lix.
How to install?
1. Download the ipa file from the official developer website (https://h3lix.tihmstar.net/).
2. To install using Cydia Impactor. For this you need to download the tool from official website: http://www.cydiaimpactor.com/. Versions are available for Windows and Linux and macOS. Install and connect our device to your PC or Mac. Move our file H3lix.ipa directly in the program window.
Next, you will need to enter your Apple ID and password to him.
It only needs to sign the application personal certificate, bound to your Apple ID.
The installation will start, after some time, the device will appear our new app.
3. Run the program and press a single button.
4. Wait a bit, restart desktop iOS.
If You have an iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 (Plus) and iPhone 6s (Plus) with iOS 10.3.3, then for this version is suitable a tool called g0blin.
The only caveat – the iPhone 7 and 7 Plus are not supported. Soon will see the release of the Meridian, which will be their support.
Website developer — https://g0blin.sticktron.net/.
Installation is the same as on the above scheme.
IOS tool 11 is Electra, but it is in beta and there is no support for Cydia. Therefore, we suggest to wait with the installation until at least release a stable version. There is support for all 64-bit devices running iOS 11.0–11.1.2.
Website developer — https://coolstar.org/electra/.