Report shows “the financing of projects emerging in the Middle East and North Africa” issued by the company magnet sequential growth during the first half of the year 2018 in the volume of business investment activity with a record number of pages.
- Established in the beginning of the record, with a growth of 12% in the number of transactions during the first half compared to the number of pages for the same period of the year 2017 of $ 125
Still United Arab Emirates accounting for nearly the bulk of deals for emerging companies in the region (32%) and amounts investment (59%), with the emergence of environments Egyptian and Saudi Arabia
The volume of investment disclosed $ 112 million across 141 deals in the first six months of the year 2018
Total funding, including special accounts transactions is not disclosed, the $ 203 million during the first half of 2018, which is approximately the level of 2017, about the same time period which amounted to $ 206 million (excluding deal of the cream $ 150 million)
Saw the first half of 2018 active capital investors venture familiar, and company, 500 startups (500 Startups) and MEVP and arzan capital the most active in terms of number of investments
(Dubai, United Arab Emirates) August 1, 2018 – the company released the Magnum, the largest provider in the Middle East and North Africa data startups, the report of the “project financing” during the first half of 2018, which presents the conclusions of the Chairperson on the status of the investment environment in startups in the region. Dealing with the main point to the continuous growth in the corporate environment emerging in the Middle East and North Africa through a number of standard operations during the first six months of 2018, despite the decline in the financing of emerging companies disclosed.
Some of the important ideas of the report “financing of projects” actually at page 80:
- The financing of the first half saw the year 2018 and a record number of investments so far:
– Accounted investment operations a total of 141 investment in the first half of 2018, which reflects a 12% increase on the number of pages in the period of six months to a year to 2017
– The low the total funding disclosed by 43% to $ 112 million compared to the same period of 2017, without the expense of Deal cream $ 150 million during the first half of 2017
– 23% of the total investments made during the first half of the year 2018 is not disclosing its figures, an increase of 6% from last year.
For the first time, incorporated the company the magnes in its report for the first half of the accounts to assess the size of the funding shock is disclosed. Used company Magnum data reserved for four years as the basis for the accounts which showed the following:
- Total financing in the first half of 2018, including account pages, undisclosed, $ 203 million, which exercised total financing in the first half of 2017 worth $ 206 million (without counting the investment company cream worth $ 150 million)
The inclusion of the notable deals undisclosed in 2018 in these accounts, which includes the company more (Series B) and fadel partners (Series B) Armada (Series a)
Commented Mr. Philip she, the founder of Magnum, said: “We are delighted to launch the report of the project financing during the first half that we’ve through using the method of analysis of the new access to finance not disclosed in the region, which allows to get more precise estimates about the area of financing projects in light of continued signs of growth and development in this area”.
- Investment analysis: when looking at the States and the sectors concerned in the field of investment in startups, we see that the new directions have begun to emerge. Then still the United Arab Emirates dominance as the most active country and benefit from the terms of financing startups, but a number of other countries have begun to feces:
– Still the United Arab Emirates accounted for the lion’s share of the share deals startups by 32% and investment increased by (59%)
– Egypt has witnessed an increase amounted to 12%, Saudi Arabia 9% increase in the volume of financing of startups, what their parents reach the list of first three countries in the Middle East and North Africa
– Still e-commerce of the most dynamic sectors in terms of investment in the first half of 2018, which was 12% of all deals 16% of the funding disclosed
Refers to Mr. she noted that “governments throughout the region continue to focus on innovation in the field of startups. We have seen regional initiatives such as the change in the visa regime in the United Arab Emirates, the launch of the Fund new financing in Bahrain, and changes in the structures of foreign ownership in the kingdom of Saudi Arabia as examples to further support entrepreneurs in the region. Although there are challenges, as in all systems emerging, however, the public and private sectors working together closely to help solve the many points that eludes the founders”.
- The activity of venture capital exits: marked the year 2017 the emergence of many investment institutions in the Middle East and North Africa. Accordingly, listen to the first half of the year 2018 in the reception of newcomers to the market to add a exit for many companies:
–The company is still 500 startups (500 Startups) are among the most investor capital activity, especially in the stage of initial funding and pre-seed funding, which accounted for ten investments, followed by MEVP eight deals are capital in seven deals; and
– Keep programs to speed up the investment of other stakeholders, the largest in the field of supporting startups in an early stage, with the graduation of the company less (Flat6Labs) in the next ten companies, in addition to the graduation of company oasis 500 (Oasis 500) plates (Flat6Labs) Beirut, then startup companies each;
– Accounted investment in early stage, 84% of all deals in the first half of 2018, an increase of 6% from the first half of 2017, represented 27% of the total amount of funding.
Commented Mr. she explained that “in the beginning of the record year in terms of pages, focused a large part of this investment on the early stage. Issued several government statements about the establishment of a “financing Fund” which helps in strengthening the investment in different stages of growth of startups. We also believe that companies play an active role in the field of venture capital and a lot of legislation in the Middle East and North Africa focused on support for connecting startups and investors. Will all of these factors to speed up an environment to start a business and startups in the Middle East and North Africa”.
Company offers magnet MAGNiTT an in-depth review includes a complete list of all investments and investors, coupled with in-depth analyses of the investment environment divided by geographical location, sector and stage can be accessed via electronic subscriptions, which you can get all the reports related to the environment of startups in the Middle East and North Africa. Also launched the company team magnet MAGNiTT a unique service of private companies emerging to enable them to submit their applications to leading institutions in the Finance and accelerate investment in the Middle East and North Africa using their files Private in company magnet.
The post report of the company the magnes: investment activity in the Middle East is witnessing an exceptional growth appeared first on technology 24.