Last week Google released the first test build of Android P. We set it up on Pixel 2 XL and is ready to share impressions about her work and highlighted the main innovations.
Installation instructions Android P available to everyone and is on the Android site for developers https://developer.android.com/preview/download.html.
First impressions after installing a new network of positive – and it works pretty stable, no any podlahoviny, application crashes, reboots. One of the bugs that we met was the illusion neckline on the screen function worked through time, and some notifications were hiding under the bangs. For the rest, Google has produced it is a working OS which you use on your primary smartphone we will not advise, but to experiment with it.
And now on to our list of new chips Android P:
- The cutout on the display – Google took care of the manufacturers of Android smartphones, which began to mass produce the device from “bangs”. Now support cut of the screen is at the system level.
- Watch now on the left is due to the presence of bangs.
- Redesigned menu adjust the volume – an excellent innovation, now a menu POPs up on the side and something like the volume mixer in Windows.
- Editor screenshots – what Android lacked for a very long time.
- The predictive image rotation – if you have disabled automatic display rotation when rotating, in the case of a horizontal tilt smartphone on the navigation bar icon will appear in the rotation.
- The status of the battery in the mode of Always-on-Display – small, but convenient innovation, now, to find out the battery does not need to turn on the display.
- Support Wi-Fi RTT – smartphones with Android P will be able to tell the distance of the point Wi-Fi. This can be useful for navigation inside buildings.
- Revised graphical key when you lock Google continues to work on the security of their devices. Now the pattern disappears as it is of drawing. However, while the trail remains quite long, which reduces the efficiency of innovations.
- The connection of multiple audio devices via Bluetooth – now you can play music on multiple Bluetooth headsets or speakers simultaneously.
- Zooming text edits – now, when you edit word, above it there is a window with magnification for a more accurate hit.
- Support for VP9 video and HDR image compression standard HEIF.
- New API for operation of two cameras (for smooth zoom and bokeh effect).
- New API for working with machine learning.
- Improved power consumption (Doze, Standby and Background Limits received processing).
- Enable power saving mode you can now schedule from 5% to 70%.
- While pressing the power button now it is possible to shut down or restart the phone and take a screenshot.
I note that many functions in this test Assembly, the pilot and not the fact that they will appear in the final version of Android P. Write in the comments what features are most important to you and your version of the name Android P.