The app Tweetbot, as well as all third-party clients of Twitter, starting today, will be deprived of a fair portion of the functions, said representatives of the Studio developer. The reason for the entry into force of the new Twitter policy, introducing restrictions on the use of social network API by the makers of alternative applications.
“On August 16, Twitter imposes a limit on the use of a number of elements of the interface that Tweetbot uses. Due to the fact that Twitter has not provided alternatives, we were forced to disable or limit some functions. We regret that, but not anything to affect” — say the representatives of Tapbots.
Changes in Tweetbot
This day will be changed the following features Tweetbot:
- Disabled streaming updates of the tape, which will now happen automatically every 1-2 minutes;
- Push notifications for mentions and private messages will be received with a delay of several minutes;
- Push notifications for likes, retweets, subscriptions, and the citations will be turned off at all;
- Removed the section with the activity and Analytics.
- Removed the app for the Apple Watch.
Alternative Twitter app
Policy changes Twitter will definitely have a negative impact on the experience of using alternative applications to access social networks. For example, because of the restrictions some developers of Twitter clients made the decision to abandon further development of the Apple Watch.
To discuss this and other Apple news in our Telegram chat.
Name: Tweetbot for Twitter 4
Price: 379 R.
In app purchases: No
Compatibility: Universal app
Apple Watch Support: No