During the presentation of iOS 2019 13 at WWDC, Craig Federighi promised increase in speed of the new operating system. Apple claims that the algorithm of face recognition Face ID started to work 30% faster, and the startup performance of applications increased up to two times. Such indicators managed to achieve thanks to the architectural and interior improvements 13 iOS iPadOS.
Performance iOS 13
Despite the lack of visual updates (apart from dark mode), iOS 13 received a large number of important technical improvements.
- redesigned thread scheduler of the kernel;
- new system frameworks;
- more efficient background processes;
- improve compiler;
- the cached state of the system;
- the improvement in the system cache;
- optimized work with iCloud;
- the improvement in the Metal;
- dynamic switching networks;
- reduced memory usage when working with high resolution screens;
- efficient allocation of memory;
- clearing the cache file system APFS;
- optimized decoding FairPlay;
- prioritization processes.
Optimization of processes
All these innovations allow to achieve high performance and battery life. We should not expect performance increase in synthetic tasks. Most of the optimizations aimed at improving the smoothness of operation of the interface: scrolling through lists, navigation through apps, switching desktops, increasing the launch speed of programs and games.
The first beta version of iOS not all innovations were embodied in reality. Developers still have to optimize their apps to use the full potential of the new mobile operating system Apple.
We offer you to subscribe to our channel in “Yandex.Zen”. There you can find the exclusive materials that are not on the website.