Holivary between AMD fans and Nvidia never cease, but for the most part they relate to performance, prices and other nuances. And what about reliability?
Today, the network appeared the statistics of a large German online store Mindfactory concerning the returns of various graphics cards. This statistics covers more than 120,000 adapters, that is, it is quite representative. Apparently, the statistics do not include the returns hassle-free devices, then there is only data on the returns associated with breakdowns. Therefore, these data allow to estimate the situation with the reliability of the graphics cards at different GPU and from different brands.
Here is the link you can see you are personally interested in, I note several key points.
1. AMD returned a little more than adapters Nvidia. AMD — 3.29% of the cases, Nvidia — 2.11%. The difference here in half, and it’s a lot, but in absolute terms it is still very modest and quite normal. Formally, we can say that the AMD cards fail more often, but it’s very conditional.
2. The most problematic turned out to be exactly the model Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. It returned 5.35% of the cases. Quite possibly, this is due to the complex GPU and the greatest load on the power subsystem.
3. The most trouble-free video card — Radeon RX XT 5500. In this case, however, this can be attributed to a very simple graphics processor and a simple power system.
4. The most problematic manufacturer can call its own, with the index returns of 5.99%. And the worst video card also produced by this company is 5700 RX Red Devil, which was returned in 13% of cases, and it is a lot. This adapter clearly has some sort of flaw.
5. Least likely to return the Panasonic adapters — only 1.57% of cases. Also a good result, PNY, KFA2 (Galax), ASRock and MSI.
What do the data say? In General, only that one should not be afraid to buy any graphics card, thinking that it will break down faster. The exception is the PowerColor RX 5700 Red Devil — there really is something wrong. Well, all the indicators PowerColor and Palit (4,13%) worse than others. By the way, Asus is missing in the statistics, because Mindfactory for some reason does not sell the products of this company.