Why are most people right-handed?

Did you know that approximately 85% of the world population are right-handed and only the remaining 15% left-handed? The preference to use a particular hand to perform the daily tasks most often due to some peculiarities in the brain. So what else distinguishes righties from lefties, and from what is related to the fact that left-handers in nature has always been a less?

Right-handers on the planet has always been more than lefties

How did the lefties?

All vital systems of the human body are linked. This statement becomes more true when studying the structure of the brain. As you know, the right hemisphere is responsible for spatial orientation, while the left manifests itself more creative, mainly by controlling our language skills. In addition, the nerves in the brain cross within us so that the result is an interesting effect: the left hemisphere controls the right side of the body and the right hemisphere over the left. Such an unusual building came to us because the end result of thought processes often depended on the ability of our brain to multi-tasking. In order to provide the best for the survival of man in nature, evolution made sure to give us not one hemisphere, but two, each of which could be able to perform different from other work.

See also: Tired of whether the brain during exercise?

Found in the Parking lot of ancient people in Kenya stone tools have shown that about 600 thousand years ago our ancestors were almost entirely right-handed. The emergence of left-handers could be due to the development of speech in ancient man, when the left hemisphere is responsible for the human ability for languages, the beginning of active development. According to this theory, the dominant use of the left hand could appear as a side effect. To prove this theory is almost impossible, so scientists still have a couple of interesting hypotheses.

By the way, are you a creative left-handed or right-handed rational? Let's try to conduct a survey in our Telegram chat on this interesting topic.

Scientists believe that the probability of having a child are left-handed greatly increased in the presence of the mother’s body a large amount of testosterone. So, testosterone has a strong influence on the structure of the brain of the unborn child, forming a relatively greater development of the right hemisphere. Researchers believe that left-handers are more likely to suffer from infectious disease compared to right-handed for the same reason.

Interesting fact: left-handers and right-handers among chimpanzees always equally

In addition to innate left-handedness, there is also purchased. Universally known that children often copy the behavior of their parents that often affects the ability to use right or left dominant hand.

If you like this article, I invite you to join our channel on Yandex.Zen, where you can find more useful information from the world of popular science and technology.

In any case, despite the fact that righties and lefties are different from each other in terms of the use of one or the other hand, this difference does not affect their mental or physical abilities. Moreover, such a small detail could become a kind of evolutionary advantage in the survival of ancient man, a loose use of the left hand could well give the left-handed advantage in combat with a potential enemy because of its effect of surprise.

0 Comments on “Why are most people right-handed?”

  1. Usually I do not read article on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very forced me to try and do so! Your writing style has been surprised me Thanks, very nice post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *